The resources are provided for non-life threatening emergencies.
If you or a loved one is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1 or a mobile crisis team. For San Francisco, call (415) 970-4000 for the Mobile Crisis Team or (415) 206-8125 for Psychiatric Emergency Services. If you are calling 9-1-1, as suggested by the National Alliance on Mental Illness, notify the operator that it is a psychiatric emergency and ask for an officer trained in crisis intervention.
- Woodleaf Eating Disorder Center (intensive outpatient)
- Phone: 415-658-6133 (Ms. Mindy Huang, LCSW)
- Address: 45 Franklin, San Francisco, CA
- The Lotus Collaborative
- Phone: 415-886-1753
- Address: 603 Mission Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Address: 1610 Union Street, San Francisco CA, 94123
Terms to be familiar with
- Mobile Crisis Team: A mobile crisis team is a group of mental health professionals who are available to respond to calls for service at the request of law enforcement officers.
- The mobile crisis team’s goal is to divert individuals from unnecessary jail bookings and/or emergency room visits. These teams are not available 24/7, so please call 9-1-1 outside of their working hours.
- Sliding Scale Therapy: Priced by each person’s income and dependents.
- Out-of-Network Provider: Out of Network implies that the therapist is not “in-network” with your insurance company.
- Based on your specific plan, or how much you have spent on healthcare expenses otherwise, the insurance company will pay you money back after your sessions to help your work with your therapist become more affordable for you.
- In-Network Provider: The therapist is in your insurance company’s database, or they have applied and been “approved” by your insurance company.
- You will owe a “co-pay” at the time of your session. This can range between $15-85 (sometimes even more or even less). Your insurance company will pay your therapist the rest of what the insurance company deems a reasonable rate for the service provided.